Gastfamilienbrief ?

Hey, also ich hab jetzt mal einen Brief an die Gastfamilie geschrieben, ich willt evon euch mal so verbesserugsvorschläge hören, wäre echt nett, danke :)

Dear Host family!

First of all, I would like to thank you that you are prepared to read this letter and more so that you are considering to welcome an exchange student (maybe even me?) in your family and in your home.
In this letter, I would like to tell you something about me, my family my city and about my current life here in Germany.

My Name is Laura and I'm 14 years old, but I'll be 15 when I will arrive in the USA for the exchange year. I am born on the 21th June 1997 in the small town Erkelenz (close to Cologne )and I still live there with my parents. I live in a one family house in a development area, there live many teenager in my age and many of them I know for years.

I've got two half sisters, called Andrea and Sandra and one half brother called Markus. They're all over 30, but I see them a lot. Markus and his wife have a little dauger, my niece Johanna, she's 2, and they'll get a son in february, so I'll get a little nephew then. They live in a small town six miles from our house. My sister has got a boyfriend, Heiko, and he's got 2 sons, called Justin, he's 14, and Joshua, who's 6. They live in an apartment only one mile from us. Sandra her husband and my 4 - year - old nephew Christopher live 30 miles away, so I do not see them as often as my other siblings. At most holidays, my parents, all of my siblings and me come together and play games or just talk much. So I know how it is to be an only child and live alone with my parents, but I also know how it is to be one big family with little children and my brother and sisters.

Erkelenz, my city, is located in the western part of Germany. It is a rural area, which is called Niederrhein ( which means it's located on the lower Rhine area. Erkelenz is a small city with only 44,000 inhabitants. The Downtown is very small and does not have so many shops. But there are some bigger cities in the neighbourhood like Cologne, Neuss, Mönchengladbach or Düsseldorf. I am travelling sometimes to these cities, usually by train, for going shopping with friends.

My parents Marita, she's 54, and Wilfried, who's 58, are both self-employed persons. You see, I've not the youngest parents, but I'm used to it. My father is a medical engineer, and he has to travel to many hospitals in germany. He repairs medical gadgetry, what he does most times at home. My mother and a friend of her have 2 solariums in near towns, but most of her work she has to do at home in the bureau.

Well, that's my family. Something more about me. I attend the 9th class ofthe Cusanus Gymnasium in Erkelenz. Our school is one of the biggest in North Rhine-Westphalia with almost 2000 studends. We have a big range of subjecs and many study groups at our school, like drama or climbing. My favourite subjects are Physical Education and Art. But I also enjoy English, Music and Religious Education. I do not like maths, physics and chemistry so much.

The following is my normal daily routine on a school day : I wake up at 6.00 am. At 7.10 am I leave the house and some of my friends from the neighborhood and I ride to school by bike. School begins at 7:30 and ends sometimes at 12.40 pm or at 3.15pm. If school ends at 3.20pm I have lunch in the School canteen otherwise, I eat at home.

After school, I do my homework, meet my friends, or go in for one of my hobbies.
Most of my spare time, I spend meeting my friends. Then we giggle a lot, take funny photos, go to a nice café in town, go shopping, talk about everything, cook and bake, go to the cinema, go to the park in our town, or do other things girls like to do. And when there are special events like concerts or kermis, we go there and have lots of fun. Sometimes we travel to bigger towns which are nearby or visit theme parks.

I am playing Soccer, and I love it very much and my favourite team, Borussia Mönchengladbach is pretty good at the moment. I also love playing theater. At the moment, I play in the theater group of my school. This year the play was called '' King Arthur and the knights of the round table '' and was such a fun to stage it! Almost all of my friends playes there too or visited one of the representations.
I also love reading. I love the books of Harry Potter, but other books of course, too. My favourites are comedies or thrillers.

I like comedies and love story movies, but I also enjoy thriller and horror movies. My favourite movies are for example The Last Song or Horrible Bosses and many more.

I also like watching TV comedie soaps like How I Met Your Mother, Scrubs or The Big Bang Theory, but I also like watching German soaps.

I hear a lot of music of various styles but I don't hear punk or techno so much. At the moment I like singers like Adele, Avril Lavigne, Bruno Mars, Usher or Tim Bendzko, a german singer. I also like bands, for example Maroon 5 or OneRepublic.

I have 10 really good friends. Their names are Nicol, Theresa, Johanna, Ira, Darlene, Sina, Laura, Alina, Franziska and Luisa. Most of them are from my form, but some are from different schools. But I haven't one best friend, we're all real good friends, but there's no best friend. And certainly there are more friends with whom I spend a lot of time and with whom I have a lot of fun.

At home, I am helping my mother sometimes. Usually I do my own laundry, clear the dishwasher and prepare the meals, when I return home earlier than my mother. But I am not good at cooking; so most of the times, I prepare frozen food. But sometimes, some of my friends and me bake cakes or cookies and that's much fun!

What can I tell you more about me? I have asked my good friend Johanna to describe my character. That's what she said: I am empathetic, caring, sociable, laugh much and I am prepared for every joke.

Ultimately, the most important message: since I was young, I had the great dream to go to America one day. Of course, I was too young at that time. Last summer me and my parents went to Miami and it was so great. But I want to know the real american way of life, the culture and the daily routine. I wanted to go to the USA, because it is a very great country, with people coming from all parts of the world living there together. It is my big dream to see this country and its people, about whom we always hear in TV, the radio, cinema and newspapers.

And I want to improve my English - you would not believe how long it took me to write this letter.

I really hope to find a family, who is prepared to welcome me to their home for ten months. This family would help to make my greatest dream possible.

Thank you very much for having taken the time to read my letter.

I very much hope to hear from you and look forward to meeting you in the near future in your home.

beitragabfolgen.gif Auf diesen Beitrag gibt es 3 direkte Antworten:

Brief

Hallo !

Ich hab mal so korrigiert, was ich dachte, wie es richtig ist, und einige kleine Dinge geringfügig umgeschrieben oder gekürzt. Einige Dinge habe ich nicht verstanden, da hab ich (???) geschrieben.
Vom Inhalt her finde ich den Brief teilweise zu ausführlich, z.B. würde ich nicht alle zehn Namen deiner Freunde aufzählen, und auch nicht deine Familiensituation so ausführlich mit allen Namen und Altersangaben aller Leute und Kinder schreiben.

Dear Host family!

First of all, I would like to thank you for considering taking an exchange student – maybe even me ?
In this letter I would like to tell you something about me, my family, my hometown and my life.

My name is Laura and I'm 14 years old. I was born on the 21th of June in 1997 in the small town Erkelenz (close to Cologne ). I still live there with my parents. We live in a house in a development area (???). There live many teenager at my age and many of them I know for several years.

I've got two half sisters called Andrea and Sandra, and one half brother called Markus. They're all over 30 years old but I often meet with them. Markus and his wife have a daugther, my 2-years-old niece Johanna. They have a son in February, so I'll get a little nephew then. They live in a small town six miles from our house. My sister has a boyfriend called Heiko. He got two sons, called Justin, he's 14, and Joshua, who's 6. They live in an apartment only one mile from us. Sandra, her husband and my 4 - year - old nephew Christopher live 30 miles away, so I do not see them as often as my other siblings. At most holidays, my parents, all of my siblings and me come together and play games or just talk much. So I know how it feels to be an only child but I also know how it feels to live with little children and my brother and sisters.

My hometown Erkelenz is located in western Germany. It`s a small city with only 44,000 inhabitants. The downtown is very small and does not exactly have many shops. But there are some bigger cities close to Erkelenz. I enjoy going there from time to time to go shopping with friends.

My parents Marita (54) and Wilfried (58) are self-employed. My father is a medical engineer. He repairs medical gadgetry all around Germany. My mother and a friend of her own two solariums in near towns but most of the time my mother works at her office at home.
Well, that's my family !

I currently attend the 9th class at a big high school with more than 2000 pupils. We have a wide range of subjects and many study groups and recreation offers,, like drama or climbing. My favourite subjects are sports and arts, but I also enjoy English, music and religious education. I do not like maths, physics and chemistry that much.

The following lines describe a typical day in my life : I wake up at 6.00 am. At 7.10 am I meet with some friends and go to school on my bike. School starts at 7:30 and ends in the afternoon. Sometimes I have lunch at school, otherwise I eat at home.

After school I do my homework and often meet with friends. Then we giggle a lot, take funny photos or have a drink at a nice café in town. Moreover we often go to the movies. When special events like concerts or funfairs take place in Erkelenz we often go there and have a lot of fun. Sometimes we travel to bigger towns or visit theme parks.

In my spare time I enjoy playing soccer. My favourite team is Borussia Mönchengladbach (fortunately they do pretty well at the moment !). I also enjoy taking part in the drama club at school. This year we studied the play '' King Arthur and the knights of the round table '' and it was great fun ! Almost all of my friends taking part in the club or visit our shows.
I also love reading. I enjoy comedies or thrillers as well as “Harry Potter”.

My favourite movies are for example The Last Song or Horrible Bosses. I like comedies and love story movies (???) but I also enjoy thriller and horror movies.

I also enjoy TV-shows like “How I Met Your Mother”, “Scrubs” or “The Big Bang Theory” as well as German daily soaps.

I listen to a wide range of music but I don't enjoy punk or techno. At the moment I like singers like Adele, Avril Lavigne, Bruno Mars, Usher, Maroon 5, One Republic or Tim Bendzko.

At home I sometimes help my mother with the household. Usually I do my own laundry, clear the dishwasher and prepare the meals when I return home earlier than my mother. But I am not good at cooking; so most of the time I prepare frozen food. But sometimes my friends and me bake cakes or cookies and that's so much fun!

What else can I tell you more about me? I asked my good friend Johanna to describe me and that's what she said: I am empathetic, caring, sociable and humorous !

Last but not least: I have dreamed of spending some time in America for several years now. Last year my parents and me went to Miami and I enjoyed it a lot. But I want to know the real american way of life, the culture and daily life. I would love to go to the USA because it is a large country and people from all parts of the world live there together. It is my big dream to see this country which I hear so much about in TV, radio, cinema and newspapers.
And I want to improve my English - you would not believe how long it took me to write this letter.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my letter.

I hope to hear from you and look forward to meeting you soon !

Viele Grüße und schon mal ganz viel Spaß in den USA,

Marie-Claire

Alsooooo..

Jaa, also ich hab jetzt mal den korrigierteren Text korrigiert^^, Naja, sind ja bloß Vorschläge.

Dear Host family!

First of all, I would like to thank you for considering taking an exchange student – maybe even me ?
In this letter I would like to tell you something about me, my family, my hometown and my life.

My name is Laura and I'm 14 years old. I was born on June 21st 1997 in the small town of Erkelenz (close to Cologne ). I still live there with my parents. We live in a house in a development area (???). Many teenagers in my age live there and I've known many of them for years.

I've got two half sisters called Andrea and Sandra, and one half brother called Markus. They're all over 30 years old but I often meet with them. Markus and his wife have a daugther, my 2-years-old niece Johanna. They will have a son in February, so I'll get a little nephew then. They live in a small town six miles from our house. My sister has a boyfriend called Heiko. He has got two sons, called Justin, he's 14, and Joshua, who's 6. They live in an apartment only one mile from us. Sandra, her husband and my 4 - year - old nephew Christopher live 30 miles away, so I do not see them as often as my other siblings. In most holidays, my parents, all of my siblings and I come together and play games or just talk much. So I know what it feels like to be an only child but I also know what it feels like to live with little children and my brother and sisters.

My hometown Erkelenz is located in western Germany. It`s a small city with only 44,000 inhabitants. The downtown is very small and does not exactly have many shops. But there are some bigger cities close to Erkelenz. I enjoy going there from time to time to go shopping with friends.

My parents Marita (54) and Wilfried (58) are self-employed. My father is a medical engineer. He repairs medical gadgetry all around Germany. My mother and a friend of hers own two solariums in near towns but most of the time my mother works in her office at home.
Well, that's my family !

I am currently attending the 9th class at a big high school with more than 2000 pupils. We have a wide range of subjects and many study groups and recreation offers,, like drama or climbing. My favourite subjects are sports and arts, but I also enjoy English, music and religious education. I do not like maths, physics and chemistry that much.

A typical day in my life looks like this: I wake up at 6.00 am. At 7.10 am I meet with some friends and go to school on my bike. School starts at 7:30 and ends in the afternoon. Sometimes I have lunch at school, otherwise I eat at home.

After school I do my homework and often meet with friends. Then we laugh a lot, take funny photos or have a drink at a nice café in town. Moreover we often go to the movies. When special events like concerts or funfairs take place in Erkelenz we often go there and have a lot of fun. Sometimes we travel to bigger towns or visit theme parks.

In my spare time I enjoy playing soccer. My favourite team is Borussia Mönchengladbach (fortunately they do pretty well at the moment !). I also enjoy taking part in the drama club at school. This year we studied the play '' King Arthur and the knights of the round table '' and it was great fun ! Almost all of my friends too part in the club or visited our shows.
I also love reading. I enjoy comedies or thrillers as well as books like “Harry Potter”.

My favourite movies are for example The Last Song or Horrible Bosses. I like comedies and love stories but I also enjoy thrillers and horror movies.

I enjoy TV-shows like “How I Met Your Mother”, “Scrubs” or “The Big Bang Theory” as well as German daily soaps.

I listen to a wide range of music but I don't enjoy punk or techno. At the moment I like singers like Adele, Avril Lavigne, Bruno Mars, Usher, Maroon 5, One Republic or Tim Bendzko.

At home I sometimes help my mother with the household. Usually I do my own laundry, clear the dishwasher and prepare the meals when I return home earlier than my mother. But I am not good at cooking; so most of the time I prepare frozen food. But sometimes my friends and I bake cakes or cookies and that's so much fun!

What else can I tell you about me? I asked my good friend Johanna to describe me and that's what she said: I am empathetic, caring, sociable and humorous !

Last but not least: I have dreamed of spending some time in America for several years now. Last year my parents and I went to Miami and I enjoyed it a lot. But I want to know the real american way of life, the culture and daily life. I would love to go to the USA because it is a large country and people from all parts of the world live there together. It is my big dream to see this country which I hear so much about on TV, in the radio, the cinema and newspapers.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my letter.

I hope to hear from you and look forward to meeting you soon !

joaa.. aber wenn du sagst dass du dein Englisch verbessern willst solltest du vielleicht nicht den text mit der besten grammatik nehmen ;)
naja, viel glück noch!
Julia

TEXAS! <3

:O OMG

OH MEIN GOTT!! :D wieviel hast du geschrieben? Ich komm mir grad voll mikrig vor, weil ich seeeeehr viel weniger in meinem Brief geschrieben habe. :D ihc dachte wir sollten nur bis 500 Wörter? :O :O :O :D

Liebe Grüße

Diskussionsübersicht
Laura F. USA travelbee 2012/13
Gastfamilienbrief ?
Julia L. USA Kompass 2011/12
Cathleen H. USA travelbee 2012/13
X Schließen
Success
Error