surprise, surprise... ein Host-Family-Letter :)

Hey ihr coolen Leute :slight_smile:
den Einen oder Anderen nervt’s vielleicht schon, aber ich fänd’s cool, wenn jemand Lust und Laune hätte, sich meinen Brief durchzulesen und sein Statement abgeben würde, ob ich den so abschicken kann…
Den Anfang hab ich mir hier und da abgeguckt, weil er wirklich die größte Hürde war, afterwards ging alles wie von selbst, yeeeh :slight_smile:

vielen, vielen Dank schon mal !! :-*

Dear Host Family,

first of all I want to say “thank you” for reading my letter and giving me the chance to introduce myself to you.
And now let’s get some knowledge about the author of this letter – who is she? Where is she from? How does she live? What are her hobbies? Why does she want to be an au-pair? And why should you give her the chance to do this life-experience together with you and your kids? :slight_smile:

My name is Jessica, but most of the people call me Jessy. I was born on 11th July 1991 in Hemer, so I’m 19 years old.
I think at this moment you’re asking yourselves “Where is Hemer?” – if not you would really surprising me, because you can say “Hemer is a big village but a little town” which is located in the federal state North Rhine-Westphalia.
So here I live since I was born with my parents and I have to say that I really like our little town because it’s close to nature and you can do long walks with your dog or ride your bike.
Nevertheless I didn’t live alone with my parents all the while, because I have a sister and a brother. My sister’s name is Monika and she is 27 years old and my brother Daniel is 31 years old.
I have a really good relationship to them all and I love them really much :slight_smile:

Now let’s talk about my hobbies: I have to mention that I won’t arrive alone to you because my guitar have to come along with me :slight_smile: so I love playing my guitar and maybe I could show your kids some moves?!
Furthermore I love to do sports, especially riding my bike, but I think it would be a little bit difficult to take it with me, too :wink: But I like to do many other sports, too, like swimming, inline skating, football, basketball, badminton and skiing.
I hope your kids like to do sports too, so we can take lots of action together!
Other of my hobbies are acting and musicals. I’m in an acting group calls “stageplay” and we produced a very big project last year which was based on the film “Donnie Darko”. I just can say that it was incredible because we presented our play for hundreds of people. I’ve played the bad teacher “Kitty Farmer” and I have to say that I love to play this character, but in reality I’m not so bad like Kitty Farmer :wink: Maybe we can watch the DVD of our play together one evening?!
I mentioned that musicals are a one of my hobbies, too, but I not even love to watch them, I also love to present them on stage. My best friends and I have founded a musical group and we’ve given some shows on birthdays or other celebrations. We played only minor walk-ons, but nevertheless it was big fun.
Apropos friends! They are a part of my life, too and I love to take action with them. If we go to the cinema, just relax at the sea or do other witty things, it is always fun.
Finally a last big hobby is one I think you will benefit from: I love to cook :slight_smile: Actually I cook nearly every week a meal for my family. And if it tasted good, I put the recipe in a folder and I will take it with me to cook the meal once again for you. I hope you will like them like my family does :slight_smile:

Following I will tell you something about my actual education and about my planes for the future.
At the moment my life is a little bit stressful, because I have to learn a lot for my school leaving examination which I’m going to write soon. But if everything will go well, I will get my higher school certificate.
For my future I have planned to spend a great year with a great family in the USA :wink: and afterwards I want to study English and Sports to become a teacher and I have to say that I’m really excited to experience all these new parts of my following life.
Next I want to specify my experience in child care.
You can say that I spend my whole life with kids… but wait! “How it is possible although she’s the little chap in her family?!” Maybe you’re asking this yourselves right now. But it’s easy to explain:
I have many older cousins who already have little kids and sometimes I have to take care for them.
The oldest girl of them is Patricia and she is 14 years old. Once a week I give English lessons to her.
Kevin is in the same age and I gave lessons to him for a time, too. Actually I give lessons to his younger brother Kamil who is 10 years old in German.
Furthermore I often take action with Patricia’s younger brothers Pascal (10) and Phelan (5) like going to the circus or to the cinema.
Moreover I did youth work for a long time but unfortunately I haven’t enough time for it because of my school education. Nevertheless it was a great time as a youth worker and we did very witty things with our group every Friday. For example we cooked, went swimming, made gypsum masks, played games in the park or in the forest, made tasty ice cream on our own, played table tennis, billiard, air hockey and many, many more… So you see I have many ideas to prevent boredom :slight_smile:
In addition I did some internship in the sector of child-rearing. In 2007 I spend a great time at a kindergarten and I love every day I was together with the kids because they were very lovingly and we had lots of fun by playing outdoors, frolic around in the gym, or just by playing some games, crafting or drawing. The kids liked it very much when I read some tales or when I played the patient in their little medical office. It was always very funny :slight_smile: I made some pictures of my “broken arm” and I’m going to add one in my photocollage, it is very witty you’ll see :slight_smile:
Afterwards I did a further internship in 2009 in an elementary school and it was very exciting, too. I loved it to help the kids by doing their homeworks. The best experience was to organize my own lesson for the kids in which I explain them how they have to read the clock. Up from this moment I really know that I want to become a teacher! It was a really great time!
In June and July I’m going to do a further internship in a mother-child-curehouse where I will learn how to treat with toddlers and I will spend much time with them. I’m really looking forward to this time because I love little babies; their laughs, their little noses and hands – just everything :slight_smile:

Maybe you’ve already realized why I want to become an au-par. It’s just because I love to spend my time with children and just to make them laugh :slight_smile: Kids are really more precious than something other in this world.
Besides I want to get to know another culture and just the “American way of life”. I know that if you’ll give me the chance that it will be a very important life-experience for that I will never forget and which will form my character.
Moreover a really good side effect will be that I’ll improve my English skills which are very precious for my study.
Despite the main reason why I want to become an au-pair is to support you and your kids wherever I’m able to do.

I would write gladly lots of more, but I hope I could tell you everything you need to get me known a little bit better. If not so hey, you can phone me and we can talk and talk and talk :slight_smile: I’m really excited to get to know your way of life. At least I thank you for spending time and reading my letter.
I look forward to hearing from you and maybe we will spend a great time together :slight_smile:

Best wishes,

Jessy

Hallo !

Ich finde deinen Brief echt gut. Ich hab mal nach bestem Wissen Rechtschreibfehler und Grammatik korrigiert und ein bisschen umgeschrieben. Manchmal war ich mir nicht ganz sicher, vor allem, wo es „did“, „have done“ oder „have been doing“ heißen muss, lass das am besten nochmal gegenlesen.

Dear Host Family,

first of all I want to thank you for reading my letter and giving me the chance to introduce myself to you.
And now let’s get to know something about the author of this letter – who is she? Where is she from? How does she live? What are her hobbies? Why does she want to be an au-pair? And why should you give her the chance to have this amazing experience together with you and your kids? :slight_smile:

My name is Jessica but most people call me Jessy. I was born on 11th of July 1991 in Hemer, so I’m 19 years old.
I think at this moment you’re asking yourselves “Where is Hemer?” – if not, this would be pretty surprising  One could call Hemer “a big village but a little town” which is located in Northern Germany.
I live here since I was born with my parents and I have to say that I really like our little town because it’s close to the countryside and you can do cycling tours or long walks with your dog.
I do not with my parents only - I have a sister and a brother. My sister’s name is Monika and she is 27 years old and my brother Daniel is 31 years old.
I have a really good relationship to all of them and I love them very much :slight_smile:

Now let’s talk about my hobbies: First of all I have to commit that I won’t arrive alone because my guitar will have to come with me :slight_smile: I love playing my guitar and maybe I could show your kids some moves?!
Furthermore I love to do sports, especially riding my bike, but I think it would be a little bit difficult to take it with me as well :wink: But I like to do many other sports, too, including swimming, inlineskating, football, basketball, badminton and skiing.
I hope your kids like to do sports, too, so we can take a lot of action together!
In my spare time I also enjoy acting. I’m in an acting group calls “stageplay” and we produced a big musical show last year which was based on the film “Donnie Darko”. I can say that it was incredible because we presented the play in front of hundreds of people. I played the bad teacher “Kitty Farmer” and I have to say that I loved to play this character but in real life I’m not so (…) like Kitty Farmer :wink: Maybe we can watch the DVD of our play together one evening?!
I mentioned that musicals are a one of my hobbies, too, but I do not even love to watch them, I also love to present them on stage. My best friends and I founded a musical group (some years ago ?) and so far we’ve given some shows on birthdays or other celebrations. We played only minor walk-ons but nevertheless it was big fun.
Apropos friends! They are an important part of my life as well and I love taking action with them. When we go to the movies, just relax at the beach or do other witty things it is always great fun.
I also love cooking :slight_smile: I cook a meal for my family once a week and if it have tasted good I put the recipe in a folder and I will take it with me to cook those meals for you. I hope you will like them as much as my family does :slight_smile:

Now I will tell you something about my education and my plans for the future.
At the moment my life is a little bit stressful because I have to learn a lot for my school leaving examination which I’m going to write soon. But if everything goes well I will receive my higher school certificate.
For my future I plan to spend a great year with a great family in the USA and afterwards I would like to study English and Sports and become a teacher - I have to say that I’m really looking forward to the future :grinning:
Next I want to specify my experience in child care.
One could say that I have spent my whole life with kids so far… but wait! “How is this possible when she’s the little chap in her family?!” Maybe you’re asking yourselves this right now. But it’s easy to explain:
I have many older cousins who already have little kids and sometimes I care for them.
The oldest girl is Patricia and she is 14 years old. Once a week I give her an English lesson.
Kevin is at the same age and I gave lessons to him for a some time, too. Currently I give German lessons to his younger brother Kamil who is 10 years old.
Furthermore I often take action with Patricia’s younger brothers Pascal (10) and Phelan (5), like going to the circus or the movies. I also had been doing youth work for a long time but unfortunately I haven’t enough time for it anymore because of school. Anyway, it has been a great time and we have done very witty things with our group every Friday, including cooking, swimming, making gypsum masks, playing games in the park or in the forest, making tasty ice cream on our own, playing table tennis, billiard, air hockey and many, many more… So you see I have got many ideas to prevent boredom :slight_smile:
In addition to this I completed an internship in the sector of child-rearing. In 2007 I spent a great time at a kindergarden and I loved every day I was together with the kids because they were very lovingly and we had lots of fun by playing outdoors, frolicing around in the gym, or just by playing some games, crafting or drawing. The kids enjoyed it very much when I read them some tales or played the patient in their little medical office. It was always very funny :slight_smile: I made some pictures of my “broken arm” and I’m going to add one in my photocollage, it is very witty, you’ll see :slight_smile:
Afterwards I completed another internship in 2009 at an elementary school and it was very exciting, too. I loved to help the kids with their homework. The best experience was to organize my own lesson for the kids - I explained to them how to read the clock. From this moment one I had been sure that I want to become a teacher! It was a really great time!
In June and July I’m going to complete a further internship at a mother-child-curehouse (?) where I will learn how to treat with toddlers and will spend much time with them. I’m really looking forward to this because I love babies; their laughs, their little noses and hands – just everything :slight_smile:

Maybe you’ve already realized why I want to become an au-pair. It’s just because I love to spend my time with children and making them laugh :slight_smile: Kids are more precious than anything in this world.
Besides this I would love to get to know a foreign culture and the “American way of life”. I know that this experience will be an unforgetable one for me and will form my character a lot.
Moreover I will improve my English what will help me a lot when it will come to my studies.
Finally I would like to be an au-pair to support you and your kids whenever I can do so.

I would gladly write more but I hope I could tell you everything you need to get to know me better. In case you have any further questions do not hesitate to call me - we can talk and talk and talk :slight_smile:
Finally I would like I thank you again for taking the time to read my letter.
I look forward to hearing from you soon and maybe we will spend a great time together :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Jessy

Vielleicht hilft es dir ein bisschen.

Viele Grüße und schon mal ganz viel Spaß in deinem Auslandsjahr,

Marie-Claire

Hey Marie-Claire :slight_smile:

super, super lieben Dank an dich, dass du dir die Mühe gemacht hast und die, wie ich merke auch immer bei den Host-Family-Letter machst… find ich echt toll, bist nämlich mit deinen super Englischkenntnissen ne große Hilfe !! :slight_smile:

Mehr von solchen Menschen :smiley:

Danke dir und lieben Gruß an dich !!

Jessy

Hey Jessy,

ich mach das total gerne, es macht irgendwie echt Spaß und mein Englisch rostet nicht ein :+1:

Liebe Grüße,

Marie-Claire