persönlicher Essay

hey
also ich muss einen persönlichen Essay über 2 seiten schreiben.ich hab jetz knapp eine :frowning: könnt ihr das mal lesen und sagen was ich besser machen kann? oder was noch rein soll…
vielen dank :grinning:

Dear Host family,
First I want to thank you for reading this letter and thinking about choosing me as an exchange student.
My name is Julia Orth, I’m 16 years old and was born on the 19th July in Lübeck, in the north of Germany, 1995 we moved to Buschdorf, it’s a little village in Bonn – a city in the west of Germany, not far away from Cologne - there we still live. I’ve got a little sister, she called Anna-Karina (always just called Anna) and is 14 years old. I love her very much, sometimes :wink: We often goes shopping together or to the cinema. My mother Ute (50) is paraplegic but it’s a long time ago when it’s happened and now she nearly can act normally. She like gardening and often plant vegetable, like tomatoes; fruits, par example apples, strawberries, raspberries, …; and herbs in our garden. My father (48) work as a merchant for a building material-firm. There he is a sales manager, so he always come home late.
I attend the 10th grade of a grammar-school in the village next to us. My school lessons start at 7:55 and ends at 14:05. In my class we are 33 pupil: 15 girls and 18 boys. My favorite subjects are sport, art and German. A subject which I liked in the first year is physic, but now I didn’t like it so much because we didn’t do something interesting, like experiments or something like that.
I had English since 5 years, since 3 years French and this year I started with Latin. I really like foreign languages, they sound so nice, even if I didn’t like study vocab.J
I make judo, go swim and try parcour, there you jump over fences or run up walls…Also I act in a drama club in school and I love reading books, especially fantasy. My favorite authors are Linsay Sands with the Argeneau-Books and Lara Adrian (it’s a pseudonym of Tina St. John) with the books which called Midnight Breed. In judo and swim I train little children with friends of mine. I really like it.
I think, judo is the hobby I most like. I began before 7 years and first it was just a sport where I have two times a week training. But after a time it was very important for me and I had friends there. Unfortunately nearly all of them break up. Before 1 year I was the only girl and I think this make me more confident and independent. Now there is another girl but I still just doing with the boys. Two of them are really good friends.
I tried lots of different sports, like volleyball, snowboarding, skiing, roller-skate… but I didn’t continue.
When I be with my friends we talked very much. We go swimming, and often we meet for looking DVD’s in the evening, do sleepovers… what normal teenagers just do. I always listening to them if they have problems or whatever and try to help them. I often help my sister to decide how to react to a boy who really annoy her, or when she has argue with her best friend.
Sometimes I’m a bit shy when I meet new people but it’s just at the beginning.J
I was two weeks in France this summer holidays, in a language school. I enjoyed it really much.
I wanted to go to Canada because I want to improve my English and meet new people. In pictures, which I saw, Canada always looked so beautiful and nice.

ich mach einfach smileys and die stellen, an denen ich was verändere…

Dear Host family,
First I want to thank you for reading this letter and :grinning: considering :grinning: choosing me as an exchange student.
My name is Julia Orth, I’m 16 years old and was born :grinning: july 19th :grinning: in Lübeck, in the north of Germany. :grinning: 1995 we moved to Buschdorf, a little village in (near? a village ist ein dorf, es gibt eigentlich keine dörfer IN einer stadt) Bonn – a city in the west of Germany, not far away from Cologne ( :grinning: - there we still live…kannst su weglassen :grinning:) I :grinning: have :grinning: a little sister, she :grinning: is :grinning: called Anna-Karina (:grinning:everybody always just calls her Anna:grinning: ) and is 14 years old. I love her very much, (sometimes :wink: weglassen! :grinning: )We often go :grinning: shopping or to the movies together :grinning: . My mother Ute (50) is paraplegic but :grinning: it happened a long time ago and now she can nearly act normally. :slight_smile: She likes :grinning: gardening and often plant vegetables :grinning:, like tomatoes, fruits, for :grinning: example apples, strawberries, raspberries, …, or :grinning: herbs in our garden. My father (48) works :grinning: as a merchant for a building material-firm. He :grinning: is a sales manager, so he always comes :grinning: home late.
I attend the 10th grade of a grammar-school in the village next to us. My school lessons start at 7:55 and ends at 14:05. There are 33 students in my class :grinning:: 15 girls and 18 boys. My favorite subjects are sports (oder p.e. oder athletics), art and German. (A subject which I liked in the first year is physic, but now I didn’t like it so much because we didn’t do something interesting, like experiments or something like that. …eventuel weglassen oder schreib so was wie " i used to like physics but as we didn’t do anything interesting the last year i lost my interest." )
I have been taking :grinning: English for :grinning: 5 years, french for 3 years :grinning: and this year I started learning :grinning: Latin. I really like foreign languages, they sound so nice (bisschen ein interessanteres wird wäre vllt nicht schlächt " nice" ist so allgemein und sagt eigentlich nichts aus) :grinning:, even though :grinning: I don’t :grinning: like to study vocabularies :grinning:
I’m in a judo club .-), go swimming :grinning: and try parcour, there you jump over fences or run up wall.Besides i’m in the drama club at my school :grinning:and I love reading books, especially fantasy books :grinning: . My favorite authors are Linsay Sands with the Argeneau-Books and Lara Adrian (it’s a pseudonym of Tina St. John) with the books which are called Midnight Breed. In judo and swim I train little children with friends of mine. I really like it.
I think, judo is the hobby I like the most :grinning:. I began 7 years ago :grinning: and first it was just a sport I had practice twice a week :grinning:, but after a time it became :grinning: very important to :grinning: me and I found :grinning: friends there. Unfortunately nearly all of them dropped out :grinning:. 1 year ago I was the only girl and I think this made :grinning: me more confident and independent. Now there is another girl but I still just do it :grinning: with the boys. Two of them are really good friends.
I tried lots of different sports, like volleyball, snowboarding, skiing, roller-skate… but I didn’t continue.
When I am (or better „spend time“ ) :grinning: with my friends we talk :grinning: very much. We go swimming, and often we meet to watch :grinning: DVDs .-) in the evening, do sleepovers… what normal teenagers just do. I always listen :grinning: to them if they have problems or whatever and try to help them. I often help my sister to decide how to deal with :grinning: a boy who really annoys :grinning: her, or when she has argued :grinning: with her best friend.
Sometimes I’m a bit shy when I meet new people but it’s just at the beginning.J
I was in France´for two weeks :grinning: this summer holidays, in a language school. I enjoyed it very :grinning: much.
I want :grinning: to go to Canada because I want to improve my English and meet new people. In pictures, which I saw, Canada always looked so beautiful and nice.

Noch so ein paar tips:
schreib auf keine fall smileys, oder „…“ sondern immer in ganzen sätzen!
versuche nicht wörter wie „nice“ oder „good“ zu benützen weil sie eigentlich nichts aussagen!
erzähl noch mehr von deinem leben, deiner schule, deinen freunden! gib details! was für filme schaust du gern? was für musik hörst du gern? wie beschreibst du dich selbst, wie deine freunde?
schreib noch viel mehr darüber, wieso du nach kanada möchstest!

ich hoffe ich konnte dir helfen!
ein paar fehler könne ruhig drin bleiben, du willst ja englisch lernen und ich bin jetzt zum beispiel im juni von nach 10 monaten usa zurückgekommen.

das ist noch der link zu meinem host family letter, allerdings bevor ich ihn noch korigiert habe, aber vielleicht findest du ja ein paar anregungen.

Vielen Dank! Ich les ihn mir mal durch :slight_smile: