Letter To Host Family Nummer 234567890, bitte trotzdem mal anschauen!

Ich habe nach langem überlegen jetzt mal meinen Brief fertiggestellt. Wäre nett, wenn ihr ihn euch durchlesen und kommeentieren, verbessern oder sonst etwas könntet, bin nämlich ziemlich unsicher… Looking forward hearing from you soon!

Dear host family,

First of all, I would like to thank you for reading my letter . I am very happy to get the chance to spent 10 months in your country!
In the following lines I would like to introduce my self and tell you about my hobbies, my family and my school and everyday life.
My name is Jasmin Sauerland, I am 16 years old, 1,64m tall and I live together with my grandparents and great-grandmother in Minden, a small town in the north west of Germany. I go to the Bessel grammar school, currently I am in the 10th class. After finishing school, I would like to study Japanese and English abroad to become an interpreter for English, Japanese and German, because I love working with other people and learning and speaking foreign languages.
Maybe wondered why I do not live with my parents but with my grandparents. That is because when I was a small child, my father and mother got divorced. My mother used to bring me to her parents so that they could watch after me while she worked at her job. But when I was about 10, my mother got ill and could hardly work any more, so she decided to let me live with my grandparents. Although living with my grandparents is not easy all the time (mostly because of the big difference in age) we still get along well and have a lot of things in common. In summer for example, we love making long bike tours to lakes or bake cookies in winter.
Now I would like to introduce myself more thoroughly so you get to know me a little. Being outgoing, creative and talkative on the one hand, I would still consider myself as a rather quiet and sensitive girl. In my school I am head of class and try to represent the class the best I can, considering everyone’s opinion and being always ready to help if someone has got a problem. My favourite subjects are English, Latin, History and Biology.
When school ends, you will hardly find me at home. Because schools in Germany end at about 1 o’clock pm, pupils have a lot of free time in the afternoon. In my free time I spent a lot of time with my friends, watching movies, playing or listening to music or go to the cinema, or I do a lot of hobbies, e.g. archery. I practise this sport now for 3 years and also participate in tournaments, like the German Championships 2007 and 2008, where I first won gold and then bronze medal.
One if my oldest hobbies is drawing. I love drawing portraits of other people (mostly my friends), because it calms me down and refreshes me, but the hobby I love most besides drawing is music. I love especially older Rock music, like Led Zeppelin, or other bands from the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s. I myself play electric and acoustic guitar since 2 years now, and if you allow me to take my acoustic guitar with me, I would love to play some songs for you!
I want to make this exchange year because it is my greatest wish to once go to Japan. When I was 12 I read my first manga and was immediately fascinated of the country it came from. I hope to learn much more about the Japanese culture and to learn to speak the language. But of course, I would also like to share my own culture with you!
Eventually, I hope I could bring you myself a bit nearer and you got to know me a little.
Thank you for spending time on my letter!

Yours sincerely,
Jasmin

also ich find den voll gut!
nur das erste myself wird auch zusammengeschrieben.