Letter an die Host family

Hallo
ich habe gerade meinen Host family letter fertig geschrieben und ich bräuchte nochmal jemand der drüberschaut und ihn auch verbessert.
Schonmal Danke im Vorraus :wink:
lg Katie

Dear host family,

First of all I want to say thank you for the opportunity to stay with you while I go to school in your country.
I ever wanted to go to Canada because I like the landscape and the way of life, there. I have always loved to meet new people and to get to know other countries and cultures. I remember loving English from the very first lesson.
In Canada I want to advance my English and to tell people there about my life in Germany. I want to explore new places and to get a different view of my normal life.

My name is KXXXXXXXX WXXXXXXXX, but all my friends call me Katie. I’m 15 years old and I live in the suburb XXXXX near to XXXXXXXX, a small city in the north-west of Germany. I live with my mother and I see my father very often. We have a house with a big garden. My parents both work, my mother is a software engineer and my father is a journalist for the city’s newspaper. Because my mother works I’m often alone after school, then I have to prepare my own food.
I have very good relationships to my whole family. My grandparents often visit me and my mother and in the summer holidays we fly to Mallorca with my aunt.
I have got three pets at home: two rabbits and a tortoise. At home I’ve to tidy up my room, to attend my pets, to do my homework and sometimes to clean the kitchen.

I go to the XXXXXXX-Gymnasium XXXXXXXX and at the moment I visit grade 9. I like to go to school because I see my friends and we have a lot of fun. My favourite subjects are English and Biology.

In my free time I often meet my friends. We do a lot of things together, once a week I visit a dance school with my three best friends and with PXXXX one of them I play tennis once a week, too. At the weekends we often go shopping or to the cinema. I play the clarinet in the school band and like listening to music, too. I’m a member of the World Organization of the Scout Movement and I go once a week to our meetings. In the summer holidays we go camping, in 2009 we have been in Sweden for 10 days, last year we have been in the Harz, a low mountain range in the middle of Germany and this year we will go to Holland for a week. For me it’s the greatest adventure to go camping.
My friends and people who know me would describe me as friendly, helpful, imaginative, independent, open minded and fair-minded.

Before I arrive to your country, I would be very grateful if you could tell me a little about your family and the area you live in.
I look forward to hearing from you soon and especially to meeting you.

Yours sincerely

KXXXXXXXX

Hallo !

Hab mal korrigiert, was ich dachte, was falsch ist, und hab einige Sachen umgeschrieben oder gekürzt. Vielleicht hilft es dir ein bisschen.

Dear host family,

First of all I want to thank you for giving me the opportunity to stay with you while I go to school in your country.
I have always dreamed of spending some time in Canada because I love the landscape and the way of life there. I love to meet new people and to get to know other countries and cultures and I remember loving English from the very first lesson.

My name is KXXXXXXXX WXXXXXXXX, but all my friends call me Katie. I’m 15 years old and I live in the suburb XXXXX, close to XXXXXXXX, a small city in the north-west of Germany. I live with my mother but I visit my father very often.
We have a house with a big garden. My mother works as a software engineer and my father is a journalist. I have a very good relationship to my whole family. My grandparents often visit us and we spend the summer holidays with my aunt in Mallorca.
At home I basically have to tidy up my room and care for my pets - two rabbits and a tortoise.

I visit XXXXXXX High School XXXXXXXX and currently attend grade 9. I like to go to school because I can see my friends there and we have a lot of fun together. My favourite subjects are English and Biology.

During my spare time I often meet with my friends. We do a lot of things together - once a week I go to dance school with my three best friends and with one of them I also play tennis once a week. At the weekend we often go shopping or to the movies.
I also love listening to music and play the clarinet in the school band.
I’m a member of the World Organization of the Scout Movement and I go to our meetings once a week. During the summer holidays we go camping - in 2009 we`ve been to Sweden for 10 days, last year we have camped in the Harz, a low mountain range in the middle of Germany, and this year we will stay in the Netherlands for a week. For me camping is a great adventure !
My friends and other people who know me would describe me as friendly, helpful, imaginative, independent, open-minded and fair.

Before I arrive in Canada I would be very grateful if you could tell me about your family and the area you live in.
I look forward to hearing from you soon !

Yours sincerely

Viele Grüße und schon mal ganz viel Spaß in Kanada,

Marie-Claire

Danke,
du hast mir echt total geholfen. :grinning:

Hey

ganz am Anfang würde ich „First of all I would like to…“ anstatt „want to“ schreiben, es klingt einfach höflicher und nicht so fordernd…

LG
Franzi