I need some help beim ´Dear host family`letter

Hallöchen allerseits :wink:
Ich brauche bei meinem Brief einbisschen Hilfe. Es wäre wirklich supernett, wenn mir jemand diesen korriegieren und bewerten könnte, da ich leider nicht grad die Beste im Englishenbin. Ich bedanke mich bereits herzlichst im Vorraus! :slight_smile:

Dear host family,
My name is Vera, I am 19 years old and live in Germany. I was born in Kazakhstan. Therefore, I not only speak German, English and French, but also Russian.
In July 2009 I will finish the secondary school.
I have grown up with my parents and 2 older sisters. My father works as an construction machines leader (Baumaschinenführer) and my mother is an accountant (Buchhalterin).
My oldest sister is 24 year old and does a doctor ( PhD?) in chemistry at the university. The other sister is 23 and does an education as a lawyer’s employee (Rechtsanwaltsfachangestellte).
I have a very good relationship with my family.

Except my affectionate family, I still have some relatives, with small cousins. At the beginning I took care of them, later I was a babysitter for the children around the area.
With pleasure I spend a lot of time with children, especially, in the nature.
We ride together bicycle, play on the children’s playground, go swimming, make excursions, visit together some arrangements, paint and do handicrafts, play different games or I read out stories for them. The children are at the age between 2 und 12 years.
It is a joy to see how they grow up by learning and it makes me happy to feel how they enclose me as a friend and example in their heart.
I am a family person, open and optimistically, communicatively and humorously.
As a creative person, we always have a lot of fun playing together and we never get bored.
But I not only like to have fun with children, but also I like to educate them and to help them with the homework or some other problems.

I am used to help in the household, like I do it at home, too, e.g. cooking, cleaning, go shopping. Also I hope to share a family-friendly existence with your family.
I have no problem to adapt myself in new situations. By my job in the cinema I´ve learned to be flexible, self-confident and reliable. The cinema is the biggest in the area and there are always new tasks and problems, so I am capable with dealing stressful moments.
Since december I have got my driving license, and I drive so often as I can. Besides I have still time to get more practise and I think I am a careful driver.
In my free time I like to listen to music, to dance, to read an interesting book, to travel, to meet my friends and, of course, to look after children.
But also I like to do some sports like swimming, inline skating or jogging. It is good for relaxing and for the health. And I think being outside is important for children,too.
It’s healthy, they have the possibility to meet their friends and they can discover the nature.

In addition, I am open and adaptable. I love to travel and to find out other cultures and languages. I respect other cultures, religions and traditions. I have already taken part in some student exchanges which I had really enjoyed.
In my future I can imagine to live and work in a foreign country. I would like to get to know more and to gain some experience and can hardly wait for it to see the „American way of life“ as a part of your family.
I hope that you will give me the chance to discover the United States and to become a person who will be a friend for the whole family.

Yours sincerely, Vera

…den wirklich sehhhr gut gelungen, da würd ich nich mehr viel dran ändern :grinning: was mir grad aufgefallen is: es heißt „I drive as often as I can“ und nicht „so often as I can“
glg sarah

vielen dank, ist mir echt wichtig kommentare zu hören! :slight_smile:

Hey du!
Also generell kann man schon verstehen, was du sagen willst. Ich hab nur versucht es ein bisschen „englischer“ klingen zu lassen. Wenn es dir nicht gefällt kannst du deine variante lassen. Hoff ich konnt dir helfen.
lg Nessa

Dear host family,
My name is Vera, I am 19 years old and live in Germany. I was born in Kazakhstan. Therefore, I do not only speak German, English and French, but also Russian.
In July 2009 I will finish secondary school.
I have grown up with my parents and 2 older sisters. My father works as a construction machines leader (Baumaschinenführer) and my mother is an accountant (Buchhalterin).
My oldest sister is 24 year old and she is currently at university doing her degree in chemistry. My other sister is 23 and trains as a lawyer’s employee (Rechtsanwaltsfachangestellte).
I am in a really good relationship with my family. (Besser: I get on really well with all members of my family.)

Apart from my lovely family, I also have some relatives and little cousins. At the beginning I looked after them, when their parents were away, later I also did babysitting for my neighbors .I love spending time with children, especially spending time with them outside.
We cycle, play on the children’s playground, go swimming, make excursions, visit some arrangements (?, was meinst du damit) , paint and do handicrafts, play different games or I read stories to them. The children are at the age of 2-12 years. I enjoy seeing them grow up by learning and it makes me happy to feel how they see me as a friend and that I am an example to them.
I am a family person, open and optimistic, communicative and I have a good sense of humor ( adjective, keine adverben).
With me being a creative person, we always have a lot of fun playing together and we never get bored.
But I not only like to have fun with children, butI also like to teach them and to help them with the homework or some other problems.

I am used to helping in the household since I help at home, too, e.g. cooking, cleaning, going shopping. I also hope to share a family-friendly existence with your family. ( ? Ich denk was du sagen wolltest ist: ( I hope I’ll also become a part of your family life)
I have no problem with proving myself in new situations. In job in the cinema I´ve learned to be flexible, self-confident and reliable. The cinema is the biggest in the area and there are always new tasks and problems, so I am capable with dealing stressful moments.
Since December I have got my driving license, and I drive as often as I can. Besides I have still time to get more practise and I think I am a careful driver.
In my free time I like listening to music, dancing, reading an interesting book, travelling, meeting my friends and, of course, looking after children.( klingt einfach runder mit gerund;)
I also like to do some sports like swimming, inline skating or jogging. It is good for relaxing and healthy. Moreover I think being outside is important for children, too.
It’s healthy, they have the possibility to meet their friends and they can discover the nature.

In addition, I am open and adaptable. I love to travel and to find out about other cultures and languages. I respect other cultures, religions and traditions. I have already taken part in some student exchanges which I had really enjoyed.
In my future I can imagine living and working in a foreign country. I would like to get to know more and to gain some experience and can hardly wait for it to get to know the „American way of lifeby being a part of your family.
I hope that you will give me a chance to discover the United States and to become a person who will be a friend for the whole family.

Yours sincerely, Vera

( ein bisschen formell, besser, regards oder einfach " I am looking forward to meeting you )

echt supernett von dir! Mit deiner Korrektur klingts echt schon besser :slight_smile:
also mit „visit some arrangements“ will ich sagen: Veranstaltungen besuchen sowas wie Kinderfeste o.ä.

hm… warum sagst du dann nicht einfach : visit some (children) events. :wink:

aso…noch eine question: wie sagt man :„sie kann gut mit Kindern umgehen“ → to have a way with children!!!

Just: she is good with children. Oder was netter klingt: :wink: children love her